Friday, March 26, 2010

Illustration Friday-- Rescue

Today I had big plans.  I was going to make great strides on a new series, until I spilled red water (madder carmine!) all over them, and my entire desk, chair, books, carpet, everything.  Befuddled, I gave up and went in a new direction.  (It was either that, or make brownies and eat them all before the kids got home!)

The prompt this week at Illustration Friday is Rescue.  The love-of-my-life has been a public safety diver and Captain of the Phoenixville Dive-Rescue unit for nearly 17 years.  This is Scott, not actually rescuing (or sadly, more often than not, recovering) but running a drill.  He and his team spend countless volunteer hours every month  practicing, taking classes, maintaining equipment and writing grant proposals.  And, while the hope is to never have to answer a call, days can be spent at a moment's notice performing their public duty.

And, while I often complain about the hours he puts in, I'm secretly really, really proud of him.

16 comments:

  1. what a lovely tribute and post to your husband! Very sweet and fitting for IF. Thanks for sharing this, and enjoy your weekend.

    PS I would have made the brownies. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a brave man, you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh forgot to mention, sorry you had to deal with all that mess - and red too! UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I hate when that happens! Wow, I know you must be very proud of him. ... I think you should make the brownies anyway, chocolate always makes one feel better about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Krista! Great way to honor your husband! You are so talented! Thanks for the peek into the world of Krista... brownies and all. I missed your spring illustration... so beautiful! It snowed here on the first day of spring. I can't wait till the weather catches up with the calendar. Hey thanks for adding my button. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tribute to a very deserving guy and all that do this kind of work. The prompt of 'rescue' was made for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truly inspirational, you must be very proud! Sorry about the spill. When that kind of accident happens to me I always wish that I could roll back the clock for just a few seconds and undo everything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic tribute to the one you love. That's great and you should be very proud of him. We need more like him, someone who is selfless and cares for the safety of others.

    Good for you and wonderful illo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great illo for IF and tribute to your husband. You are right to be proud, very, very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great illo! perfect for the theme word and so cool that it's your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome illustration. I'm sorry about your red water spill,I'm glad all is well in spite of it.Very lovely job

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now here's a side of your art I haven't seen yet! You're so sweet to dedicate this to your man... just sweeeet... (^_^) oxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, KRISTA! Your man is ideal for this week, and so is your wonderful portrait! Oh my goodness, he must be so tickled and honored to have you paint his picture. This should most definitely be up on a wall. Is it? If not, I'm a-comin' over right now. Get me a hammer, girl!

    And boo to the spill. If I were you, I would have made the brownies anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Say WHAAAAAT??? Oh no, no, no, that will NOT do. It MUST go up. You just make sure you put some semi-sweet chocolate chips in them brownies for me, ya hear?

    And spackle. I will be needing spackle. I have terrible aim.

    ReplyDelete