Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!


Welcome to 2010, a new start!  I love New Year's Day, when I decide, every year, to be a new person.  There's just something about a new year, a new month, or just a Monday that inspires me to want to do better.  And, of course, being a human, I never quite make it.  But that's just it, I AM a human, and I will never be quite what I was created to be this side of eternity.  However, I can, with God's help, grow towards that, and that growing is worth the striving.


So, in addition to taking better care of my earthly self (this body isn't going to get any younger-- a condition my doctor sister-in-law diagnoses as TMB, Too Many Birthdays!) I am choosing two of my favorite verses to keep in the front of my mind this year:


He has showed you, O man, what is good.  And what does the Lord require of you?  To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.  Micah 6:8


and:


Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.    
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18.


Blessings to you in 2010! 

(This art is just a portion of an alphabet that's all about family.  It's on it's way to the Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market in a week!)


7 comments:

  1. Krista, this is wonderful work as usual! Love your added words of wisdom and those of your sis-in-law! It's comforting knowing we will never be perfect, but it's a great reminder to try not to fall short of our potential too. Thanks, and best to you and your family in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the kind comment on my blog, and I just LOVE your illustration style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful illustration! I love the colors, the warmth, and most importantly, the message.

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I am a follower of yours, your work is simply beautiful.

    Have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Krista! I'm looking forward to following you on your artistic journey in 2010. I'm so thankful for the fellow artists and Christians that God has allowed to cross my path. Thank you Krista for all the kind and encouraging words this past year. Love your choice of scriptures. God bless you and your loved ones in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Happy New Year Krista! I can relate to TMBs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors & the representation of life is always moving forward. Khoury said the other day he's glad God didn't start us out 100, because then we'd know when our time is up. I'd never thought of it that way, kid always have new insights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful lesson in this work, of tie-ing the lettering into the illustration. Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete